Reviewing Cincinnati’s Bearcat Bowl V from Saturday, which the defense won 63-53 in a altered scoring system:
Offensive MVP: Danny Milligan. The wide receiver/kicker caught two touchdown passes and kicked a 52-yard field goal. Milligan also had a large spring game two years ago but has barely seen the field since.
Defensive MVP: Walter Stewart. A key player who has been converted to full-time defensive end this spring, Stewart registered three sacks on Saturday.
Not your average spring game: This was officially the spring game for Cincinnati, but the Bearcats will continue to practice for another week. Butch Jones put the team through a lot of different situations and even had some one-on-one battles. As such, there were not the usual spring statistics from more game-like conditions. Still, Jones was encouraged by the play of the defense, which returns all 11 starters from last season’s embattled unit.
Other notes: Stewart and defensive back Cameron Cheatham were named the most improved players of the spring. … Receiver Kenbrell Thompkins was held out of the day’s action because of a hamstring injury. … Isaiah Pead had a fumble near his own end zone, a development the Bearcats do not want to see after last season’s turnover-filled campaign.
source : espn.go.com
- Golf Review Site Launches Golf Tips Videos After Impressive First Round By Jim Furyk In Tour Championship
- Golf Review Site Announces Golf Supplement Offer After Richie Ramsay Wins European Masters and Claims Second Title
- Coming to America: UK Gaming BitTorrent Lawsuits Arrive on US Shores
- Dees strive to emulate Collingwood
- Board Game Review: City Square Off
- Edits as a storytelling device – Toggling edits on and off in ebooks could reveal deeper layers and intent.
- Brainteaser Game Review: Icosoku
- Game review: Morality-based ‘Brink’ lacks sustained action
- Game review: Morality-based Brink’ lacks sustained action
- iPhone Game Review: Canabalt
Submited at Monday, April 18th, 2011 at 7:00 pm on Uncategorized by hilman
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback