MELBOURNE hopes to channel some of the qualities that Collingwood used to beat it on Queen’s Birthday when it takes on Fremantle at the MCG.
The Demons were thrashed by 88 points by the Magpies last week, but Jack Trengove believes the lessons learned will stand them in good stead.
“The important part is to do your (post-game) review … get as much out of it as possible,” Trengove said.
“I suppose this week we probably looked not at what we were doing wrong, but what Collingwood was doing well.
“We want to see what we need to do to become a side like that. They are the ideal side in the competition at the moment and for us to become that, we have to do a few things similar to what they do.
“Obviously, we have different game plans and other things, but we just need to do the general things a lot better.”
Trengove stated the short week since Queen’s Birthday – a six-day turnaround – had been a positive.
“When you put in a performance like we did last week, you just want to get out there as soon as possible and prove people wrong,” he said.
“We’ve been pretty inconsistent and that is one area we need to improve on. One week we are up and next week we are down.
“I think that consistency will come once we have the experience of playing more games together.
“The important thing is we stick together and work through it.”
The Demons have won 4 1/2 games and need to win this day to stay in touch with teams on the outside of the eight.
Trengove stated Fremantle loomed as a tough team to beat, saying: “We saw what sort of improvement they made last year, so we know it is going to be a hard match.”
Trengove will this day play his third game back since resuming from a controversial three-game suspension – and his ninth of the season.
“You never like to miss games,” he said.
“I learnt a lot from my first season and another pre-season has made me a tiny stronger and fitter.”
source : www.heraldsun.com.au
- Golf Review Site Launches Golf Tips Videos After Impressive First Round By Jim Furyk In Tour Championship
- Golf Review Site Announces Golf Supplement Offer After Richie Ramsay Wins European Masters and Claims Second Title
- Coming to America: UK Gaming BitTorrent Lawsuits Arrive on US Shores
- Board Game Review: City Square Off
- Edits as a storytelling device – Toggling edits on and off in ebooks could reveal deeper layers and intent.
- Brainteaser Game Review: Icosoku
- Game review: Morality-based ‘Brink’ lacks sustained action
- Game review: Morality-based Brink’ lacks sustained action
- iPhone Game Review: Canabalt
- A GeekDad’s Daughter Reinvents Chess, Part 2: How to Play Plastic Animal Chess (GeekDad Weekly Rewind)
Submited at Saturday, June 18th, 2011 at 6:00 pm on Uncategorized by admin
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback