Share This Review:Introduction
The same goes for laser printers. “Personal lasers” are nothing new, but seldom have we seen laser printers light enough to lug around and small enough to fit on even the most modest patch of desk. (Inkjet printers, that is another matter: See for example, our recent review of the HP Officejet 150, a full-fledged portable all-in-one model.) In fact, until now, we knew of only one—Samsung’s $129-list ML-2165W, which we reviewed back in April 2012. Not only did this monochrome printer’s diminutive size impress us, but we also appreciated its fast performance and great-looking output.
Dell has followed suit with its own—well, sort of its own—little powerhouse, the B1160w. We state “sort of” because the B1160w is an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) model built by Samsung for Dell. In essence, it’s the ML-2165W in Dell’s clothing. Except for Dell’s signature all-black case (as opposed to the Samsung model’s beige one) and a slightly different control panel, these two models look very much the same on the outside. They also perform similarly and deliver the same excellent output.
Dell went Samsung one better, though, by offering the B1160w at a slightly lower list price, and by selling the printer’s toner cartridges at a lower cost per page (CPP). In addition, if you do not need this model’s Wi-Fi connectivity, you can opt for a USB-only version, the B1160, for just $99. (That said, we have seen the ML-2165W sold on some on-line outlets of late for as tiny as $69.99. Shop around carefully if you are considering one of these models, since you might score a real bargain.)
Don’t let the B1160w’s small stature fool you, though. It prints monochrome text, business graphics, and gray-scale images with the high quality you’d anticipate from a laser printer, at speeds comparable to some other higher-priced laser machines.
- Game review: ‘Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the …
- Acer Aspire R7 hands-on review: notebook with new Ezel Hinge
- Review: Cherry Mobile SkyFire 2.0, a P7,999 quad-core Android phone
- Win a Carbon Audio Zooka iPad Speaker from Gadget Review (contest)
- AP psych tests for Md. high school under review
- Canon Pixma MX455 review
- Thermaltake GOrb II Portable Laptop Cooler Review
- EyeQ Worthy of Silver Medal, Boffin Notes in Recent Review of Speed Reading …
- Gadget Review: Samsung Galaxy S4
- FAS Women's Premier League Review – Round 9
Submited at Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 at 7:00 am on Uncategorized by admin
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback